March 22, 2015

st patty's day in colorado



Between the "cookie party" and packing/booking our last minute Spring Break trip to Winter Park, there wasn't any time for me to decorate St Patrick's Day cookies! But after seeing all the cute cookies everyone made, I couldn't help but bake some to take along!  

Traveling Cookie Party
  • Plain sugar cookies
  • 3 bottles of green sprinkles
  • A few extra icing tips
  • 3 bottles of icing 
  • Corn syrup (to thin it out)




The supplies made it there just fine . . .  I did thin out the icing a bit, but it may not have been necessary if I had used them right away.



This is the first time I've ever done the sprinkled edge first (because I didn't have time to ice the whole cookie and let it dry long enough to add sprinkles) and I think I like it even better than the other way!!!


Nothing better than being up early with a beautiful view .  . .


It didn't take long before my little helpers woke up and the real fun began . . .




Icing Colors

  • Electric Green
  • Leaf Green
  • White



Cookies drying on a paper towel . . . too bad I couldn't bring all of my cookies supplies with us!


My little one's first and only day of ski school . . . he was pretty excited to see Mommy there to pick him up!


We opted out of skiing/snowboarding with the big boys and bought a "foot passenger" lift ticket to eat lunch on the top of the mountain.  It was so fabulous, we did it again two days later.  Not sure I want this little guy ever learning how to ski!  


The big guys after a day of skiing/snowboarding with Dad . . .



We took a day off to go tubing . . .


With only another thousand amazing pictures to go through, I better stop and just start a new post on our trip!

Linked @ BakinginPyjamas








1 comment:

  1. These look wonderful, very festive! Thanks for linking up to Sweet and Savoury Sunday, stop by and link up again. Have a great day!! Laura@Baking in Pyjamas

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips