February 7, 2015

drew’s 2nd birthday (2012)

Still trying to plan Drew’s 4th birthday! Until then, here are pictures from two years ago . . .
Drew's Birthday 017
Maybe my favorite mini-cookies ever . . .
IMG_5023 IMG_5029
When I had more time to make banners with my Cameo Silhouette . . .
IMG_4946
IMG_4953
I was not and still am not a cake baker!  I clearly should have read up on how to make a stable tiered cake.  Here is the cake at 2:00 am . . .
IMG_5035
And here is the cake at 2:10 am . . . yes, there was yelling/screaming/tears!  Elmo was sinking into Big Bird.  I couldn’t take it, so I took a shower and let Tyler save Big Bird and Cookie Monster!
Drew's Birthday 009
What do you do when the Elmo layer of the cake ends up in the trash?  You find a bigger, better Elmo replacement!
IMG_5039
And buckle him in the front seat, just for fun!
IMG_5040
Drew's Birthday 013Drew's Birthday 016Drew's Birthday 018Drew's Birthday 019Drew's Birthday 031Drew's Birthday 047
When Drew still let big brothers help him open gifts . . .
Drew's Birthday 125  Drew's Birthday 118
Drew's Birthday 121IMG_4941

Linked at BakinginPyjamas

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant post - I love that cake! We have a 4th birthday in this house next week - I've got so much to do and the cake isn't even started. Feel free to join in with #Bakeoftheweek Found you through Sweet & Savoury Sunday x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Helen! I will definitely check out #BakeoftheWeek. Good luck with the party!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything you made for the party looks really good, good luck with planning this new party. Thanks for linking up to Sweet and Savoury Sunday, stop by and link up again. Have a great day!! Laura@Baking in Pyjamas

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips