January 19, 2015

skylander elements

I FINALLY found time to make cookies (well, I probably didn't really have time, but I just really had to make them for my sweet almost 7 year old)!  He’s been asking for Skylander Element cookies for over a year now!


In theory, these should have been fairly simple to make.  I just really didn’t think through how long it would take to mix up 9 separate colors (really 10 – I had two different consistencies of white).  I guess I need more large icing bottles if I’m going to keep this level of color going.
January 377
Icing Colors (something tell me I will be making these again soon!)  We have some serious Skylander fans right now.
  • Earth = Chocolate Brown
  • Tech = Electric Orange
  • Magic = Violet
  • Undead = Black
  • Life  = Leaf Green
  • Water = Electric Blue + White
  • Fire = Red
  • Air = 1:1 Regal Purple:Electric Blue
This last color made me nervous, but I think it came out OK!  The boys have requested minor color tweeks next time.  When did they get so particular?!!?!?  Apparently one blue was suppose to be brighter or dark??? 
January 375
Here’s the Skylander handbook Nick left me when he went to stay at Grandma’s house, so I didn’t mess up any colors!  With 3 boys, I'm definitely getting the hang of being a "boy mom", but it doesn't hurt to get a little help once in while.  They are all aware that I'm not exactly a video game fan!  And now I'm trying not to get too lost in the new Star Wars obsession.  Thankfully Tyler is taking over as the expert in this area!  We had a Star Wars tutorial last night so I could accurately plan their birthday party without to many mistakes!  
January 379
Drying (with the help of a fan) since I didn’t have much time before bagging them up!
January 382
A cardstock insert to help keep the cookies from being totally destroyed by the boys in their goodie bags!  Hope it worked . . .
January 389
January 386
The party . . .
Nick's Bouce U Birthday 047Nick's Bouce U Birthday 051Nick's Bouce U Birthday 053
Love this happy (almost) 7 year old smile . . .
Happy Birthday to my sweet almost 7 year old “middle boy”!

1 comment:

  1. Great cookies, I'm sure your son loved them! Thanks for linking up to Sweet and Savoury Sunday, stop by and link up again. Have a great day!! Laura@Baking in Pyjamas

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips