January 2, 2015

new years eve 2014

New Years definitely snuck up on us this year!  I signed up to bring cookies and meatballs to a friend’s party and again didn’t have a cookie plan.   Because there was absolutely no time for any trial and error, this platter is simply a collection of lots of fabulous cookie designs I found on Pinterest. 
New Years 106
All I knew going into this was that I wanted to try “gold” cookies and make 2015 with my new mini number and letter cookie cutters.  The search for pretty gold cookies led me to thi amazing Sweet Ambs tutorial for champagne glasses below.  
image
Cookie Inspiration
  • “happy 2014 plaque” cookies inspired by this Bee in Our Bonnet post.
  • New Years Ball and Confetti cookies based on this Sugarbelle post.  Not sure what cutter she used for the confetti, but I used a carrot cutter from my Easter collection and it seemed to work OK.  I will definitely be adding these to my next birthday cookies!
  • “garland cookies” inspired by Lila Loa
  • “Cheers plaque” inspired by the Baking Equation
Icing Colors
After MANY failed attempts to get a champagne gold color, I think I ended up using Gold + Lemon Yellow + Chocolate Brown + White.  No idea what the ratio was or if I can ever recreate this color again, but it worked this time!
Qiuckly drying cookies . . . I think they had just a few hours before I was packing them up and hoping they didn’t get too messed up!
New Years 072New Years 073
I painted the silver and gold stars with my favorite Wilton Pearl Dust.
imageNew Years 077
I was so pleasantly surprised by how easily the 2015 numbers baked together.  Since my boys all have relatively short names, I can’t wait to try making personalized name cookies for them!!!
New Years 080New Years 087
New Years 097

New Years 085New Years 101New Years 109
Happy New Year!

Linked @ BakinginPyjamas

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your cookies, they look so pretty and festive! Thanks for linking up to Sweet and Savoury Sunday, stop by and link up again. Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips