January 16, 2015

birthday flashback: our very hungry caterpillar

Still no time to actually bake, as this week has been super busy at work, with all of our free time at home spent getting ready for the Pinewood Derby race and planning the boys upcoming birthdays!  But I did find a little time to go back through my baby's 1st birthday party pictures!
IMG_2622[8]
At least this party had cookies . . .  these were my first attempt at ice cream cones!  To go with the theme of what the caterpillar ate on Saturday!
IMG_2520
IMG_0221-001  IMG_0220
Here’s evidence that you do get better with practice.  February 2012 vs. August 2014.
IMG_4798
I really loved this birthday theme, but my absolute favorite part were these little pictures of Drew with Hungry Caterpillar quotes . . .
IMG_2524
IMG_2523
IMG_2526
IMG_2525
Then I added these food placecards to match (with themed food of course)!  I can’t believe I forgot to take pictures of the food!?!?!?!?
By the plates and silverware . . .
image
There were deviled eggs laying on a plate of lettuce . . .
image
Chocolate covered strawberries . . .
image
The chocolate cakes (Mini-oreo cheesecakes) . . .
IMG_2540
image
A veggie tray with pickles . . .
image
There were more, but you get the picture!   This one had him eating “cupcakes” and “suckers” . . .
IMG_2516
And then the smash cake – I had been waiting forever to use this giant cupcake pan!
IMG_2529IMG_2594
Our first kid that wasn’t the least bit shy when it came to cake . . . clearly the little brother in the family!
IMG_2582
IMG_2598IMG_2604
IMG_2609
IMG_2532
I was a little too excited to find a cupcake pinata to go with the general theme of “Caterpillar Food”!
IMG_2522
And of course we hung it from our new pinata spot – out of a second floor window!  The boys find this hilarious!
IMG_2685
And on picture of my sweet baby who is now almost 4 . . . I have no idea where the time went.
IMG_2690

Linked @ Bumblebreeblog

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips