December 20, 2014

my favorite sugar cookie recipe



Ingredients
4 cups flour (sometimes more if the dough is sticky)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter (softened a bit, but still very chilled to help them cut out easier)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup sour cream

Directions

Preheat oven to 325-350 degrees (recipe says 375 but that’s too hot for me!)

Mix together dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt.  I actually do this in bulk every couple weeks, so I have the perfect amounts in individual tupperware containers.  It makes cookie making so much faster & CLEANER!

In Kitchenaid bowl, mix together slightly softened butter and sugar until smooth.  Don’t over mix or bad things happen! 

Add egg, vanilla & sour cream and mix together.

Stir in the pre-mixed dry ingredients.  You can wrap up and refrigerate, but I generally just roll them out and start baking!

Baking time is highly dependent on the cookie size.  I bake them anywhere from 10-20 minutes depending on cookie size. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips