December 8, 2014

jackson wants to build a snowman!

Frozen Cookies 136
My cookie loving nephew’s 3rd birthday party this weekend was the perfect excuse to make some cookies!  My sister did an Olaf themed Frozen party which was perfect for the little cutie who says “I like warm hugs!”.
As always, I was a little behind on my planed out schedule.  I didn’t start baking until late Friday night after a Cub Scout meeting and a 1st grade birthday party, but I had some more new cookie cutter shapes to try so I was motivated!  I think the narrow rectangles would make perfect Polar Express tickets (maybe next year we’ll do it again!)
Frozen Cookies 037
Saturday afternoon we were completely done with all planned activities by 1:00 pm, so I was ready to start icing . . . unfortunately I didn’t have much of a plan.   I just knew I wanted a brighter blue than the last Frozen cookies I made for our friend Maddie.  This color couldn’t have turned out more perfect.  It was 1:1 Electric Blue:Royal Blue, with some white to lighten it to match the sprinkles I already had in the “Sprinkle Drawer”!
Frozen Cookies 110 December 045
[Maddie’s 6th Birthday Cookies]       vs.         New Bright Blue Color
One cookie with the official Frozen quote of Jackson’s party . . . . I wish I would have chosen a better font, but didn’t have time to change it! 
December 063
Adding some quick and easy birthday candles . . . always fun with the sprinkle drawer of colors to choose from! [this was CK Jot font]
December 050December 062
And then my first attempt at an Olaf cookies – I am still in LOVE with this Kopykake projector.  I think I could stay home all day and make new cookies!!!1
December 048 December 051
Frozen logo cookies with “Oliver” font . . .
December 065
What a huge difference an outline makes . . .
December 067Frozen Cookies 100
Snowflakes and snowballs since I was playing in the sprinkle drawer . . .
Frozen Cookies 101Frozen Cookies 106Frozen Cookies 114Frozen Cookies 118Frozen Cookies 123

Linked at BakinginPyjamas

3 comments:

  1. Hi Erin--Amazing cookies! My 10-year old daughter is in complete awe! She has said 'How does she do that?' at least 10 times now just reading through this one post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, so good to hear from you! You should get her some baking stuff for Christmas - my boys LOVE helping decorate cookies. Shoot me an email if you need recipes or a list of baking supplies or just let me know when you'll be back in town with her and she could come help out - it's much easier than it looks and is the best stress reliever/hobby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look wonderful! Thanks for linking up to Sweet and Savoury Sunday, stop by and link up again. Have a great day!! Laura@Baking in Pyjamas

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips