October 18, 2014

fall baseball

When I got the coach’s email reminding us that last night was the last Fall Ball game of the season, I knew I had to find a way to schedule in some quick cookie baking!  These mini’s were just a little way to celebrate the end of such a fun fall baseball season.  This team had the best families (especially younger siblings for my two little ones) and boys which made spending extra weekend nights at the baseball fields so much more fun for all of us! 

Baseball Cookies 069

After I took this picture, I realized my attempt at organizing with this blog has worked!!!!  On Wednesday morning, I checked out this baseball post to see what kind of cookies would be quick and easy since the game was two days away! 

I loved the mini-sized baseballs I made this summer for the Angels and just got this new set of cookie cutters, so I at least had a plan!  Just wasn’t sure if I had enough time . . .

IMG_5646Fox Run Double Sided Crinkled Cookie Cutter Set, 7-Piece

Early, early Thursday morning baking . . .

Baseball Cookies 042

And late, late Thursday night icing . . .

Baseball Cookies 051

Mini-sized cookies dry so much faster, so by the time the base coats were dry I was ready to add the details.  And with only 4 colors, I didn’t leave too much of a disaster in the kitchen either!

Baseball Cookies 052

Some quick bagging and bows on Friday morning (admittedly with the help of our wonderful nanny on this one!  I didn’t get up early enough and since my job is what supports this fun hobby, I went to work instead of bagging cookies).  Now I just need to work on taking better cookies pics!

Baseball Cookies 057

Baseball Cookies 062

Check out the Sweet & Savoury party!


2 comments:

  1. Those look brilliant, I'd love to be able to decorate cookies like this. This has been featured as one of my favourites over at Sweet and Savoury Sunday. Stop by, grab a button and link up again with us this week. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Laura - I love checking our your link up party! I will definitely be back to check out all the great posts!

      Delete

 
Blogging tips